Read time: 5 minutes.
Things that will lead us from point A to point B and a likely place where you lost your virginity.
We all have them.
And in the future, you will ( if you don’t own one yet)
If you are one among those who have one. Welcome to the club of broke people.
Yes, you heard me right.
Fixing a car costs a lot for a middle-budget man.
Once you engine crashes, tires deflate or once you hit another one and break a hub. No Gods will save you.
Capital is atheistic, and doesn’t give a s**t about your beliefs.
We can ease the shock about the loss of the part because we’re in the 21. century.
( If you want to skip our review and go directly on Amazon to see the one we recommend, click here)
What is OBD2 Scanner?
- A professional vehicle diagnostics tool for DIYers. Vehicle faults report and fault codes clear
- Tool to completely check on vehicle health condition through Smartphone and vehicle remote diagnosis
- Remote diagnosis provided by preferred garages and mechanics.
- DIY Inspection
- Remote Diagnosis
- Online Consulting
- OBD Module: Used to read basic data from OBD II public protocol.
- Diagnostic Module: Contains Launch’s unique, self-developed diagnostic chipset, enables thorough diagnosis for vast choices of cars.
- Bluetooth Module: Allows data transfer between the dongle and Smartphone.
Inspection solution for DIYers-plug and play:
- Quick inspection:gives a brief view on vehicle general health condition and emission level.
- Full system inspection:provides professional vehicle diagnosis and assist in car owners’ decisions regarding vehicle maintenance.
How golo works?
- Download the golo Carcare App from the App Store or the Google Play.
- Plug it into your vehicle’s OBD2 Port.
- Register your vehicle through the app.
- Communicate with your shop whenever a problem arises.
|Item Weight||4 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||6.5 x 5.3 x 1.2 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||Golo Carcare|
- Email reporting which means that you can see the results of your scan without always opening the app.
– Very simple Bluetooth connectivity, no issue what so ever.
- You have the option to add more than one vehicle into the app, making this universal to all your cars.
- Does light up and beep when it’s on and connected to the phone so you don’t have to guess if it’s connected.
- It powers off after 10 minutes.
- Numerous services from uploading your results to a mechanic, feedback on your issues, past reports, etc. They really give you a lot of extra features if you need them.
- Reports are emailed and saved in the app.
- The scanning process is quick and does provide a detailed layout on what fine, ok, and what needs to be fixed right away.
- Small deceptions on what the issues are so you have a quick understanding of what the problem is.
- App provides a detail google map style of all mechanics in your area that you can send your report to. I find this to be extremely helpful if your car breaks down.
- Put in the right car it will tell you exactly what’s wrong so you can go to your mechanic and say “hey I know what needs to be fixed.”
- The reports are pretty detailed but honestly, you can still get the same results if you summarize on what is wrong with your car rather than showing what is working. Hopefully, an app update will fix this.
- The steps to put in your car are lengthy and will require you to dig around to get the info for your car.
- Not a devices you can take out and put it in your friend’s car as you have numerous steps to add a new vehicle before being allowed to use it.
- Instructions are little to none as I needed outside help to use this device. You’re not going to get any form of a user manual when you buy this. Took me an extra 10 minutes to master it, not too long.
- Will not reconnect after sleep mode. You will need to unplug and re-plug it back in.
- This device isn’t third party friendly as you’re only able to use the app and nothing else.
- A lot of service features that will require you to pay a little more time and money. I didn’t go that much in debt on this as I felt no interest in doing.
- Notice that if your turn off the “email reporting” feature it will still send it to you. App glitch I suppose.
- App notifications are annoying if you don’t inspect your car in a couple of days. They pop up just like texts. I had to go into my setting to change this notification as I suggest you do the same.
- App tries hard to upload every contact you have to create a “community” which I had no interest in doing.
- This isn’t a go to car check device as leaks, engines issues that don’t require internal computer will go unnoticed.
- You will need to sign up an email address before using this device.
It does exactly what it says it does but it still isn’t a replacement for a real mechanic. I really admire that after you put in all the info for your car you can turn it on, and scan it with the app. It tells you right away with the issues are and offers suggestions/locations for the nearest mechanic that can help you with it. For me, I just attach it, scan it, then take it out. The reports are saved to my phone and sent to my email which is really convenient.
Overall the reason I’m giving it 4 stars is that it doesn’t fully scan your car from top to bottom. I used this on a Volo 2009 with the power steering and coolant both having a leaking pipe in the engine. The scanner didn’t pick this up as it only scans what your car’s computer is connected to. I wasn’t excepting to pick this up but it’s a good head up for those who aren’t the best in knowing how your car works. Verdict: use this once a month, like a checkup, but if something doesn’t feel right taking it to a mechanic.
You can check the whole review on Amazon below: