Read time: 2 minutes.
We tried new Dell Latitude 3379 2 in 1 laptop.
As you already know, we wrote extensively about top 5 cheap laptops. This one was one among them. Dell is a company that always produced good gadgets. With this one, they didn’t dissapointed us.
There are prons and negative things that we encountered while we used it for a while. There are some stuff that you will notice are bad, notably about the speed of processor and battery, but this comes with the price, right?
Before I continue, I’ll just say this. There are sites that are created as amazon affiliate niche webs, and as such they have credibility issues. If you’re reading my blog from start, then you know that I do only proven reviews.
I won’t waste your time anymore :).
Let’s get on Dell Latitude 3379 review.
|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Processor||2 GHz Intel Mobile CPU|
|RAM||4 GB DDR SDRAM|
|Hard Drive||128 GB 128 GB/SSD|
|Card Description||Intel HD Graphics|
- The price is something to gloat about because it’s hard to find a design such as this with the price Dell’s offering.
- You have four ways to view this 2-in-1 computer. A tablet, tent mode, a traditional laptop, and stand mode all are useful depending on your location and or task.
- Slim modern design, with a brushed aluminum, makes this a great value to look at.
- No loose or weak 360 degree hinges as you’re getting a sturdy computer.
- The touchpad is responsive with no delay in movement.
- 1080p screen resolution fits right in 99.9% of movies and online videos to view.
- Really like that the bottom of the computer are Philips head screws as future upgrades/repairs can be made without paying extra for an hourly tech repair.
- Touch screen runs smoothly and hasn’t yet experienced any glitches from it.
- Glossy screen if you’re into that.
- This little guy can hold its ground when you have around 18 internet tabs on. Didn’t see any delay when playing YouTube videos. For the average day, this computer is fast.
- Speakers are Strong and loud as they can fill an average size bedroom with noise using only 60% of their volume power.
- Viewpoints are consistent all around the laptop so you know that other will see almost exactly what you see.
- Battery life is inconsistent. 4-7 hours as is really only built for internet browsing.
- I3 Core processor will come back to bite you in the future when this computer starts filling up with your daily program/drivers. I7 should be the new normal.
- Average performance: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and GTA at super low. This isn’t built for the modern program/gaming world. Very minimal programs (PowerPoint, Excel, maybe lower versions of Photoshop) to get the full effect without it becoming glitchy.
- Forget using this outdoors as the moment you take it outside on a sunny day you’re going to regret it. Very poor in viewing.
- The speakers are indeed loud but the quality isn’t the best. You’ll notice this right away because there is no bass what so ever.
- The backlit keyboard has off, low, and high. Telling you this because low and high are basically the same thing. Why they did this I have no idea.
- Keyboard isn’t a great typing experience if you’re planning type a decent amount of articles as it’s a spongy keyboard.
- The 720p webcam is decent enough to get through a meeting. Not the best but not certainly the worst as the camera does get small details of your face.
- After 18 minutes of watching Youtube videos, the computer started to heat up enough for me to notice.
This is a school computer and that’s it. You’re getting a lot of storage for a 2-in-1, and you’re not going to find this value in price anywhere. It’s small, modern design has a touch screen, and will not go over the budget. If you only use it for basic programming then this is right down your alley. Keep in mind that you can use programs such as Adobe and Photoshop, you’re just going to experience a lag effect when going into larger programs.
Check it on Amazon:
Don’t forget to comment and subscribe :).